Ministers of Health Marisol Touraine and Budget Christian Eckhert unveiled the 2016 Social Security financing bill, following the meeting of the Social Security Accounts Committee, which updated the situation for 2015 .
Here are the main points of the bill presented this Thursday, September 24:
- Lower the prices of health products and develop generics with a major awareness campaign.
- Fight against irrelevant prescriptions, unnecessary and redundant acts.
- Improve the efficiency of hospital spending; accentuate the shift towards ambulatory care to take care of nearby patients.
- Support for access to local care:
- Strengthen the mobilization of private doctors for the permanence of care (outside the opening hours of practices and health centers) through better remuneration, according to their constraints and the service provided to patients.
- Improve access to ophthalmological care (without exceeding fees) by creating in particular aid for the modernization of practices, for working in pairs with an orthoptist (for the pre-consultation), making it possible to accommodate 35% of additional patients .
- Introduction of universal health protection to simplify procedures and assert reimbursement rights, even in the event of a change in professional or personal situation (family, home)
- Extend access to complementary health insurance – offered to employees by the employer from January 1 – to precarious employees and retirees.
- CDD: the employer will pay individual assistance in reference to what he pays for his other employees.
- Retirees: the price increase for those who sign up to the collective contract of their former employer (up to 150%) will be smoothed out to reach this ceiling only 3 to 5 years after leaving the company.
- Same system for former employees seeking employment.
- Selection by competitive bidding for contracts according to their quality / price ratio for over 65s.
- Strengthen the access of minors to contraception: free and confidential consultation and analyzes for a contraceptive prescription.
- Prevent obesity by providing children aged 3 to 8 identified by their attending physician with dietetic and psychological consultations, a physical activity assessment.
Generalization of the guarantee system against unpaid pensions, to fight against the poverty of single parents (85% of women), via an additional family support allowance in the event of non-payment of the pension.
Social Security benefits
- Social benefits will be increased on April 1, with the exception of pensions (October 1).
- Guarantee of maintenance of benefits at their level in the event of negative inflation.
- Revaluation on the inflation of the last twelve months, and no longer on the inflation forecasts (no a posteriori correction)
Old age and disability
- Entry into force of the law on adaptation of society to aging on 1 January. CASA, intended to finance the reform, definitively assigned to the National Solidarity Fund for Autonomy (CNSA).
- Upgrading of existing resources (places and services), support for the creation of places for disabled people, improvement of care in EHPAD (establishments for dependent elderly people)
- Implementation of the 2nd stage, with the extension of the reduction in family contributions for all salaries below 3.5 minimum wage, representing “a reduction in labor costs of 4.5 billion euros in a full year” ( applicable from April 1).
- Increase in the tax base reduction of the Social Solidarity Contribution of Companies (C3S). Among the companies liable in 2015, 80,000 VSEs and SMEs exempted in 2016. Only the largest 20,000 will remain liable.
Refocusing of exemptions on the lowest wages, which is not the case overseas with reductions for wages of up to 4.5 minimum wage.
Special exemption zones
Gradual elimination of zoned employer contribution exemption systems, applied to employment areas to be revitalized, defense restructuring zones and rural revitalization zones.